The key goals of this department...
- Inculcating teaching the importance of Microbiology with special reference to agricultural and industrial application to the Under-graduate students
- Facilitating teaching and research skills among the master and Ph.D students of Agrl. Microbiology
- Development of elite biofertilizers and formulations for supplementation of fertilizer nitrogen, phosphorus and other nutrients especially for particular location / crop / soil specific.
- Serving as nodal agency for biofertilizer production, quality control and certification for Tamil Nadu state.
- Utilization of microbial processes for fermented food products, value addition to agricultural produces and industrial production of enzymes, pigments and other microbial metabolites.
- Studying the soil microbial diversity for enhanced nutrient management and health.
- Production and distribution of biofertilizers, assessment of quality of biofertilizers produced by various private and government agencies and supply of mother cultures to them.
- Popularization of biofertilizer technology among the farmers by conducting FLDs, field days, trainings etc.
- Development of Human Resource Development in various specialized applications of microbiology through CAS trainings for SAU and ICAR scientists.
- Imparting training to farmers,SHGs on biofertilizer production